What is Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally identifiable information" is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number and any other information that is connected with you personally.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
AspenCore generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. Certain portions of our sites require registration, and you will be required to provide personal information in order to gain access to those areas. When you enter a sweepstakes or contest, complete a survey, or subscribe to our magazines or newsletters, you will be asked to provide information such as your e-mail address, name, phone number, and sometimes shipping address. Optional demographic information may also be requested. This information may be collected on our behalf by third party service providers who have been instructed to use the information only as directed by AspenCore.
AspenCore uses this information to provide you with the service you have requested. If you subscribe to any of our magazines, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you your magazine. Similarly, if you enter online sweepstakes, we will use this information to notify you if you are a winner. We may also use your information to contact you by e-mail or off-line with special offers from AspenCore or third parties who have asked AspenCore to market to its users on their behalf. If you don't want us to send you email messages, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, AspenCore may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals when:
- you have registered on one of our sites, in which case your information may be shared with third parties from whom you have researched product information or to whose website you have linked;
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails, newsletters or processing credit cards or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- we authorize third parties, such as advertisers and others who may have products we think might be of interest to you, to use our mailing lists to off-line (in that event, we do not share your e-mail address);
- we have contacted you in advance to notify you that we may furnish you e-mail messages on behalf of third parties and you have not opted out of receiving such messages;
- the entity to whom the information is disclosed is one under control of, or under common control with AspenCore (for these purposes, a company controlling 20% or more of the voting stock of another entity shall be deemed to control such entity); we need to protect our legal rights (for example, if we are trying to collect money you owe us);
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or
- In connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the web sites to which this policy applies.
AspenCore also shares web site usage information about visitors to our web sites with reputable third parties for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
Our cookies may contain personally identifiable information and such cookies may be shared with others to the same extent indicated above.
Some of our advertisers may serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers.
Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, and administer our website.
The sites covered by this policy are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before subscribing to any magazines on our sites.
If your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should instruct minors on safe Internet usage.
If you're worried about your children's activities or their privacy on our site, we encourage you to e-mail AspenCore at email@example.com.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this web site, you consent to this transfer.
This policy was last updated on May 18, 2015.